Re: Juggling pages

Did you perform Edit > Update Book before printing? If "yes," then there may
be something remaining on the "blank" pages. Turn on View > Text Symbols and
View > Text Frames, and Special > Conditional Text > Show/Hide > Show
Condition Indicators to see everything on every page.

Sometimes conditional text is not applied to the final carriage return of
conditional material, which might cause faulty pagination. Sometimes empty
carriage returns are used to space between paragraphs, instead of space
above and below paragraph settings in the paragraph's format, set in the
paragraph designer. These may affect pagination.

Also, widow/orphan settings may affect page text flow when conditional text
is shown or hidden.

Also, make sure that the first page of each file uses a custom master page
designed for chapter-opener pages, with Format > Page Layout > Master Page
Usage.

There's more to this process than the quick suggestions we're all giving
you. You probably need to work through the sections in the hard-copy manuals
and/or online help and/or the third-party "FrameMaker 7: The Complete
Reference" that relate to book techniques to get a holistic picture of all
the subordinate steps.

Regards,

Peter Gold
                              KnowHow ProServices
          FrameMaker training, coaching, consulting, template design
          See our new on-demand training and coaching information at:
               http://www.knowhowpro.com/schedule_of_classes.htm
Adobe Certified Expert: FrameMaker 7, FrameMaker+SGML Authoring, Acrobat 5,
                 InDesign 2, WebWorks Professional Certified trainer
                    Voice: 612.823.7113  Mobile: 650.906.3655