Re: Book Questions

David Harrison wrote:

>1) if Ch1 has an odd number of pages it insists on adding one extra page at
>the end so that Ch2 starts on an even page. Might be desirable sometimes,
>but I don't want it this time round so where do I turn it off?

Format>Page Layout>Pagination; set Before Saving & Printing to "Delete
Empty Pages."

>2) I haven't found a way to set all the chapters condition options in one
>box. So far I'm doing it chapter -by-chapter and, considering that the 120
>pages will eventually be 8 chapters, a shortcut would help. So far all I've
>experienced is an alarm that tells me that different chapters have
>inconsistent options - so something is checking consistency. - Is there any
>other way of switching?

In the book window, select all the documents, then choose View>Show/Hide
Conditional Text.

Regards,

--

David Knopf ~ Knopf Online ~ San Francisco
mailto:david@knopf.com ~ http://www.knopf.com

Consulting & Training for Technical Communicators
FrameMaker ~ WebWorks ~ Structured Authoring ~ XML
WebWorks Publisher Certified ~ Adobe Certified Expert: FrameMaker
Member, JavaHelp 2.0 Expert Group
Moderator, HATT & wwp-users