Preventing tabs from wrapping SOLVED using FrameScript

Hi,

Thanks to those that supplied suggestions on this problem. Unfortunately,
none of the suggestions were "automatic" in that all required the final
output to be manually examined each time the cycle was run (hundreds of
pages perhaps several times per month).

This problem has now been solved using a FrameScript conceived and written by:
   Rick Quatro, Carmen Publishing
   585 659-8267
   frameexpert@truevine.net  www.frameexpert.com

Thanks Rick!

I had been struggling with this issue for many years in FrameMaker and
before that in Ventura Publisher.  It seems that no WYSIWYG publishing
package has this capability, though some word processors have "keep text
together" capability.

To recap, the problem was that a group of tabbed text (price columns) at
the end of a paragraph/structure would BREAK and wrap to the next line
depending upon how much content preceeded them.  I needed the tabbed
content to STAY TOGETHER and if they had to wrap to the next line, they
needed to WRAP AS A UNIT.

DESIRED (note three prices at end):

   sdfas dfas dfasndfas df asdf sad fas dfa sdf
   adsfsad fsa dfas df asd fas dfas df asdf asd
   a sadf gasdg sd sa    123.00  456.00  789.00

OR (if can't fit) push UNIT to next line:

   sdfas dfas dfasndfas df asdf sad fas dfa sdf
   adsfsad fsa dfas df asd fas dfas df asdf asd
   a sadf gasdg sd sadg a fsad fsadf
   ---                   123.00  456.00  789.00

WHAT FRAMEMAKER WOULD DO:

   sdfas dfas dfasndfas df asdf sad fas dfa sdf
   adsfsad fsa dfas df asd fas dfas df asdf asd
   a sadf gasdg sd sadg a fsad fsadf 123.00
   456.00  789.00

Thanks to Rick, I can now run a FrameScript on a single document or an
entire book and turn it into what I need.  This is controllable differently
by paragraph tag name, the size of the tabbed content, etc., etc. And if
there is not a price/content in any particular LEFT tab locations, the
script will "collapse" that white space and allow preceeding text content
to fill it (so that it will not force moving to a next line unless there is
truly no space).

If you have this problem, contact Rick for the solution.

Jay

--
Jay Smith

e-mail: Jay@JaySmith.com  mailto:Jay@JaySmith.com