Pb with image quality in Frame

Hi all,

I would like to understand why on earth the images I copy and paste from a
word file directly into my frame files look much better than the one I
would correctly import into frame by using the Frame6 command:
File/Import/File/my image.gif...
That is a mystery and a problem since I end up with non referenced images
which after a while, make the whole book extremely heavy to compile/save
and crashing from time to time...
What is the best practice I should adopt for including good quality images
with the purpose of making pdf files and help on line.

Thank you very much

Violaine Truck