Re: Why is the "Unavailable Fonts" message displayed?

*** The original message appeared on the FrameUsers mailing list.
*** This reply is sent only to the "Free Framers" mailing list.
*** If this reply is useful, consider forwarding it to FrameUsers.

From: "Sandeep Bangalore" <bangalores@ocwen.co.in>
> Currently, I've created the Chapter template. However, each time I open it
> (after saving and closing, of course), I get the "unavailable fonts" error
> message. I've checked each paragraph, character, & table tags, variables,
> headers and footers, reference pages--the works. However, none of them
show
> an unavailable font (I mean, I've used fonts which are properly installed
in
> my system). Yet, FM displays this message. Because of this, I'm unable to
> update my TOC.

Assuming you have checked which fonts are reported as unavailable in the
FrameMaker Console window, and you're sure those fonts aren't used in
the document, the simplest solution is:

1. Close the file(s) without saving.
2. Turn off "Remember Missing Font Names" in File>Preferences
3. Open the file(s) and confirm the message dialog.
4. Save the file(s).
5. Reopen the file(s) to make sure the message doesn't reappear.

The fonts have now been permanently substituted. Don't do the above if
you think the reported fonts should be available on the system and they
might be used somewhere in the file(s). Also make sure the fonts aren't
made available to you through the currently selected printer (so-called
printer resident fonts); they should be installed in the OS (check the
Fonts control panel, or ATM if you're using it).

Much more information on this issue can be found on my web page:
http://w1.184.telia.com/~u18407300/fonts/unavailable.html