Re: powerpoint files

Sean,

Your advice with regards to PowerPoint into FrameMaker
via EPS saved from Acrobat is absolutely correct. I might
add that one should be very careful when choosing EPS
"save" options in Acrobat. Be sure to embed fonts and
request an opaque TIFF preview. Language level 3 should
be used if subsequently producing PDF from the FrameMaker
document or if printing to PostScript 3 devices.

With regards to PowerPoint's text output, it is "as designed"
by Microsoft. PowerPoint totally and utterly ignores any and
all pair kerning information in the font, having no options
for enabling of pair kerning and/or tracking. The workaround
is to use some other tool for creation of presentations if
you want fine typography (fine graphics, ...)!

        - Dov