Re: FrameMaker and Acrobat Distiller experts, please help!

  The quickest way is (usually, YMMV) to generate the book one or more
extra times before distilling again.

You can generate a list of references based on paragraph numbers of all
the paratags, and find the offenders that way, but it is long and
timewasting.

Much easier is to use a linkchecker such as the ARTS Link Checker
plug-in (aroundtablesolution.com) on the resulting PDF, and then go back
and fix the FM document from the error detected by this tool. See also
Shlomo Perets's excellent article (in microtype.com) on the subject of
non-defined names.

Shlomo said, in previous messages on the subject:

 >>>A PDF named destination (usually inserted automatically by FrameMaker)
is referenced as the target of a link or a bookmark yet it is not defined.

This happens as a result of a FrameMaker bug. If you are using FM 6.0,
make sure to have Create Named Destinations for All Paragraphs turned On
(PDF Setup, Links tab). If this is not the case or it does not help,
restart FrameMaker and Generate/Update your book, and then recreate
the PS file.

(I assume you print the entire document to a PS file.
FrameMaker produces bookmarks for the entire document even when
you print a page range, which can also result in missing destinations.)
<<<

and then:

 >>>Unless you actually specified multiple copies in the Print dialog box,
this is related to a FrameMaker bug, present in all versions - FrameMaker
writes the same single destination/marker a number of times.

This problem can be usually ignored; the first destination defined is
carried
over to the PDF, the rest are ignored and have no presence in the PDF.
In many cases, recreating the PS file, after restarting FrameMaker and/or
using a Generate/Update book, will cause the "problem" to go away.

[ Regardless of this message, using a PDF Link Checking utility is
recommended to verify all interactive features. ]
<<<

HTH,

Charles