From: Steve Wiseman [mailto:swiseman@selajerusalem.co.il]
Sent: Thursday, December 12, 2002 2:59 AM
To: framers@omsys.com
Cc: 'Jim Stauffer'
Subject: RE: TOC with embedded LOF & LOT

There is an alternative to using Roman page numerals. You can put the LOF
and LOT at the end of the book. This way you can use regular page numbering
at the beginning of the book if you like.

Steve.

To:	'ADAM MORGAN'; framers@omsys.com
Subject:	RE: TOC with embedded LOF & LOT

I don't think there's any way to automate it. I've done what you're trying
to accomplish in small books by generating the TOC, LOF & LOT, then cut and
paste the contents of the LOF & LOT into the TOC. Then delete LOF & LOT from
the book file, which does not delete them from your directory. If you make
changes to book, just add LOF & LOT back into the book, regenerate and
repeat the process.

And this works only if you use roman numeral page numbers on the generated
files, and begin Ch 1 with arabic page 1.

Jim Stauffer
Sr. Technical Writer
BeamReach Networks
Sunnyvale, CA