Re: Save as MIF *required* to resolve conditional xrefs

Sean:

Well, what on earth was I trying to say!

 I think the brain forgot to tell the fingers that, if you have applied
conditions to source AND destination, and they are both made hidden or
visible, then ignore any false unresolved cross-refs in the Book Error Log.
It tends to somehow see the source (even when hidden) but not the
destination (when also hidden) and reports a broken ref.

Check the generated unresolved cross-references report and, if not listed
there, it ain't broke.  But you certainly do not have to save to MIF.

Hedley

--
Hedley Finger
Technical Communications/Technical communicator and FrameMaker mentor

(C) MYOB Limited 2002

                    Sean Brierley
                    <seanb_us@yah        To:     hedley_finger@myob.com.au
                    oo.com>              cc:
                                         Subject:     Re: Save as MIF *required* to resolve conditional xrefs
                    04/12/2002
                    00:09

If the source and the destination of a cross-reference
are not the same condition, and you turn off the
destination, isn't the source then broken? For
example, it refers to a page on which the destination
no longer appears.

Cheers,

Sean

http://lists.frameusers.com/cgi-bin/lyris.pl?visit=framers