re: super computer

Yes, I was being facetious!

FrameMaker gains little from "hot cards" other than
in the ability of the system to paint images into the
video memory faster. Very little of the graphics that
would be displayed in FrameMaker are of a nature that
GDI can take advantage of any special graphic card
features. Obviously, CAD/CAM, 3D, and other special
rendering software can and does attempt to take advantage
of graphic card acceleration features.

Photoshop in fact takes very little advantage of such
features as most of its display function is simply
plastering pre-built image to screen. To whatever degree
a video card accelerates that access, Photoshop or any
other application displaying images gets a "win."

        - Dov