Re: The Age-Old Illustrator-to-Frame Question (and Gripe)

From: "Sean Brierley" <seanb_us@yahoo.com>
> FWIW, I don't need nor do I really want high-res EPS
> preview in FrameMaker because FrameMaker files are not
> my deliverable; PDF, print, or HTML is. So, it is
> really irrelevant what the EPS looks like inside
> FrameMaker.
> The current preview situation works fine for placing
> callouts and the like.

Then we certainly have different experiences with previews.
My deliverables are PDF and print, and I do need to place
callouts and see details that are to be described in the
surrounding text. Unfortunately, the TIFF preview from
Illustrator 9 is not good enough for either purpose.
I'm not talking about very fine details in high resolution;
the preview is simply of too low resolution to see any
details of less than, say, 3-4 pixels in 100% scale.
(I'm guessing this from memory, am not at work)