Re: Bookmarks Expanded through Level bug

Rick,

You wrote:

>When I save a FrameMaker 7 book as a PDF, I get the PDF Setup for Selected
>Files dialog box. If I set the Bookmarks Expanded through Level to None, the
>setting does not stick and the bookmarks are all expanded in the PDF. If I

This is a known issue, one of the first to be listed under FM7 in the
list of known FrameMaker bugs/issues
[see http://www.microtype.com/resources/FMbugs.html#FM70
where there is also a link to an Adobe Technical note on this topic, which
also indicates that a related crash may occur; this note seems to offer a
workaround, but it did not work with the files I tested]

With the TimeSavers, you have a similar feature with the Bookmark
Controller (works with all versions of FrameMaker).  Actually the TimeSavers'
CollapseBookmarks feature is better, as it allows you to also specify the
level of bookmarks to be collapsed - first or second (necessary with
some bookmark setups).

Shlomo Perets

MicroType * http://www.microtype.com
FrameMaker, Acrobat training & consulting * FM-to-Acrobat
TimeSavers/Assistants