Re: List of OLE graphics

Esmond,

I don't know of a way to create a list of just OLE objects without
resorting to the FDK, FrameScript, or "search and extract" from the MIF
version of a file, but you can try to create a list of the imported
graphics:

In a single file use command  	Special > List of > References
(click "yes" to tell it to create a stand-alone file) and then select
"Imported Graphics" as the items to reference.

In a book, use the ADD menu to include a List of References file to the
book, again selecting the Imported Graphics, then update the book to
generate the list.

This will give you a listing with the filename and page number of the
FrameMaker document where it appears. But in order to convert the Visio
files to EPS, you still face the problems of cleaning the unwanted cruft
out of the files before saving to EPS.

Esmond Pitt wrote:

> I have inherited a document OLE-linked to dozens of Visio graphics. I want to
> undo this naturally, and create & import EPS files by reference. My problem is
> that the Visio source for these pictures contains lots of other stuff too, so
> just saving every diagram as EPS from Visio will be at least a 50% waste of my
> time. I tried to create a list of OLE imports but unless I have blacked out
> totally it doesn't seem to be possible. Is this true?
>
> [Frame 7.0 Win32]
>
> EJP

-- Lester
  Lester C. Smalley              Email: lsmalley@infocon.com
  Information Consultants, Inc.  Phone: 302-239-2942 FAX: 302-239-1712
  Hockessin, DE  USA  19707      WWWeb: http://www.infocon.com/