Re: What does this Frame 5.5.6 error message mean?

At 04:32 PM 3/4/02, Lester C. Smalley wrote:
>Ed,
>
>one additional thing I'd check is the system clock settings on the
>systems - FM will generate the message you describe if the time stamps
>on the files differ "enough" to make it think that the file has been
>changed outside of its control.
>
>You should be able to eliminate this as a possibility pretty quickly.
>And you can eliminate it altogether if the systems sync their clocks
>(something about setting up one host as a "timeserver" -- I can't
>remember the details anymore but that should be enough to get help from
>the sysadmins.)  And be sure the machines are set up in the same time
>zone!  (We had one system that triggered all sorts of errors until we
>discovered it was in the 'default' Pacific TZ instead of Eastern; even
>though the clock times were the same, it "knew" about the 3 hour
>difference and made life hell for a week or so.

If it is a Windoze box, there is a neat, free utility called TimeRC 3.0.
Syncs to a couple of milliseconds without having to have a local timeserver.

Allen Schaaf
Technical writing
<soundbyte@sound-by-design.com>

Despite direct awareness of what competition does to people..., some
individuals persist in claiming that its effects are constructive.  This is
a powerful example of how it is possible to adjust our beliefs so as to
escape the threatening realization that we have been subjecting ourselves
to something terrible, that we have internalized a corrosive personality
attribute.
         Alfie Kohn
         "NO CONTEST - The Case Against Competition"