Q and A - FM patch for XP

There were some off-list questions to me from different people.
It is a summary of my only personal understanding of the problems that I was
inquired. I may be wrong, of course. Lee and Dov might know better these
topics.

Q.
Does this remove any bugs if you are only on Windows 2000?

A. As far as I know this Adobe patch fixed only the bug in FM dialog "Open
document with lost linked graphic files".

Q.
I don't need this patch to apply these until I get XP.

A. Sorry, no, it is not true.
The FM bug that was fixed with this patch is a cause of FM crash in ANY
Windows platforms - from W95 to W2K AND WinXP. The only difference is that
in WinXP you need to select any dialog buttons for FM crash :-), and under
other Windows you need to click by mouse in the one element of this dialog -
thin horisontal line on the top of the dialog space.

Therefore you may crash in some situations if use this dialog under ANY
Windows system  (from W95 to W2K); it is more better to fix all your copies
of Frame and Frame+SGML anyway even if you don't work in WinXP.

Here are exact links to patches, that tested.
ftp://ftp-pac.adobe.com/pub/adobe/framemaker/win/6.x/FMFix6.exe
ftp://ftp-pac.adobe.com/pub/adobe/framemakersgml/win/6.x/FSFix6.exe

Reagrds,
Dm.