RE: SUMMARY - Error on importing Word file to Frame+SGML

I ran into the same issue with Frame 6.0 on Windows 2000.

After removing all paragraph and character styles, all headers and
footers, tables, graphics and text fields, and leaving just one line of
body text - I saved the file to RTF and Frame still wouldn't import it.

InDesign (and possibly every other program on the planet except frame!)
had no problem at all reading even the original RTF file. There was no
need to remove one bit of information from the text, just as it should
be.

IMHO we are victims of Adobe's general attitude towards the un-loved
FrameMaker product.

I'm trying to move over some of my production work to InDesign +
scripting, which clearly isn't as powerful as Frame in many areas but at
least doesn't rot from the core without hope for improvement ...

Frame diagnosis: Terminally ill.

Moritz

P.S.: I've been waiting for a year now for Adobe and Quadralay to fix a
crashbug I encountered with half of my Illustrator .EPS files. Adobe
quickly lost their interest and told me just to wait if Quadralay maybe
finally one day comes around to fix the basic functionality of their
product.
------
Quote:

Dear Mr. Berger,

Here is the response from Quadralay

"In general, WebWorks Publisher (both Standard and Pro Editions) should
convert, without problems, all of the graphics formats that FrameMaker
supports, including eps.  We have found instances, however, where users
have had problems with eps graphics in particular.  We don't have a
general solution for those problems and, instead, handle the problems on
a case by case basis... to figure out why they're not converting."

A new  WebWorks update is in the pipeline, but I'm not aware what
exactly will be the fixes in it.

We have sent your sample file to Quadralay as well, but seeing that they
treat these cases on a case by case basis rather than suggesting to try
a different format or a more general fix,  that's all we can do.

<snip>
> Suggestions for fixing the Word doc:
<snip>