Re: indexing for FrameMaker [WHEN WILL THEY EVER LEARN -- YA GOTTA LAUGH!)

I haven't been following this thread but I take it that a freelance indexer
has refused to use FrameMaker to index a book but has instead used
something lik Cindex or Sky Index to produce an index.  This software is
rampant in the book publishing industry because lebenty-leben percent of
publishers use Quark Xpress which doesn't do indexes at all.

But you may be amused to learn that the User's Guide for Cindex is written
in FrameMaker but its own index is produced with Cindex (natch!).  Needless
to say, the TOC hyperlinks to the appropriate headings but the index is a
hyperlink free zone.

--
Hedley Finger
Technical Communications/Technical communicator and FrameMaker mentor