Structured Read/Write Rules Files?

Reading the Developer's Guide, it clearly says:
"You create a FrameMaker+SGML document or an ASCII file containing SGML
read/write rules. The software uses this rules document to modify its SGML
import and export processing.
Assuming that you create a FrameMaker+SGML document for your rules, you enter a
set of rules into the main flow on the body pages of the document. The document
can be structured or unstructured and can use any element definitions or
formatting properties desired."
So, that means instead of memorising all the commands and syntax, a template and
EDD could be made to automate the process like the SGMLapps file. Has anyone
done this? If not, I think I'm game to at least give it a try.

Eric L. Dunn