Re: EDD Read/Write Rules and Attribute Values

In Frame 6.0, when an attribute has no default value and no value has been
entered, FM+SGML displays <no value> in the Attribute dialog and the
structure view. However, since attributes having no value are not exported
to SGML, nothing is written out for attributes that have no value.
At 12:46 PM 12/5/01 -0500, edunn@transport.bombardier.com wrote:

>FM's documentation conveniently tells developers that the value of element
>attributes can not contain any of the following characters ( ) & | , * + ?
>< > %
>[ ] = ! ; : { } "
>Yet, FM uses the attribute value <no value> on export to SGML. Using the
>forbidden < and > characters.
>
>What should be added to the read/write rules file to correct the problem? My
>best guess from page 213 of the developers guide is:
>
>value "" is fm value "<no value>";
>
>Am I correct? Will this cause problems with any round trip of SGML?
>
>Going to test it, but some independent confirmation would be nice.
>
>Eric L. Dunn

>** with "unsubscribe framers" (no quotes) in the body.   **

| Nullius in Verba |
Dan Emory, Dan Emory & Associates
177 Riverside Ave., STE F, #1151, Newport Beach, CA 92663