Re: URL and E-mail hyperlinks

James:

> I can't figure out how to mark e-mail and URL
> addresses so when I convert them to PDF they will be clickable.

1    Place the cursor just before the first word of the
     text that is to become the hotspot.

2    Choose Special > Hypertext.

3    In the Hypertext (marker) dialogue, type

     @    message URL http://your.target.url

     or

     @    message URL mailto:recipient@server.name.dom

4    Click New Hypertext Marker.

5    Select the string of text that is to become the hotspot.

     Make sure the marker is selected, too.

6    Apply a character format.

     Most people have a format called something like HyperLink
     that applies a distinctive 'link' appearance.

7    On Windows, press Ctrl-Alt and click the hotspot.

     Your browser or email client should open.

     FrameMaker searches the character format when it is clicked,
     looking for a Hypertext marker. That is why the marker must
     be selected.  The hotspot string is converted to a link in
     PDF.

[Windows 2000, FrameMaker 6.0p405, FrameScript 1.27C01, Enhance 2.03,
Acrobat 4.05.2, mif2go 31r25, IXgen 5.5.h]

Regards,
Hedley

--
Subscribe to Free Framers -- send this message
      subscribe framers your@email.address

Hedley Finger
Technical Communications/Technical communicator and FrameMaker mentor
MYOB Australia <http://www.myob.com.au/>
P.O. box 371   Blackburn VIC 3130   Australia
<mailto:hedley_finger@myob.com.au>
Tel. +61 3 9894 0945
Mob. +61 412 461 558

                    "James Wynn"
                    <ottofaij@yahoo.com>                To:     framers@FrameUsers.com (Framers List)
                    Sent by:                            cc:
                    bounce-framers-79823@lists.r        Subject:     URL and E-mail hyperlinks
                    aycomm.com

                    28/11/2001 04:02
                    Please respond to "James
                    Wynn"

Ok. I'm not stupid but  I don't
think the FM manual is explaining this clearly.

Can anyone explain this simply?

James Wynn
Visual Click Software
& Integrity Software
Documentation

...shew them the form...and the fashion thereof, and the goings out
thereof,
and the comings in thereof, and all the forms thereof, and all the
ordinances thereof, and all the forms thereof, and all the laws thereof:
and
write it in their sight, that they may keep the whole form thereof, and all
the ordinances thereof, and do them.
Ezekiel 43:11

Send administrative questions to listadmin@FrameUsers.com.
Visit the FrameUsers website: http://www.FrameUsers.com