Re: Postscript fonts

Where can I find a description of font types with characteristics and
software compatibilities, etc. so that I can educate myself about
what's what with fonts?

On Fri, 5 Oct 2001, Dov Isaacs wrote:

> We assume that by postscript (sic) fonts, you mean Type 1 fonts.
> Both Type 1 and TrueType fonts are "PostScript fonts" in that
> both PostScript and Acrobat can readily work with either format.
>
> With regards to creation of PDF, there is no problem using TrueType
> fonts with PDF files as long as (1) you are using a quality font from
> a reliable font foundry and (2) the font allows "embedding" for
> purposes of print and preview if you want the font embedded in
> the PDF file for accurate text rendering.
>
>         - Dov
>

> At 10/5/2001 10:58 AM, Michelle Brabson wrote:
> >Framers,
> >
> >I am trying to determine the role that fonts play in PDF creation.
> >We've been having a debate where I work about whether postscript fonts
> >are required in order to create a PDF. There are many people in our
> >company who create PDFs using Word and who do not use postscript
> >fonts. This discussion has generated the following questions. Do we
> >need postscript fonts in order to create a PDF? Why? Can we PDF a
> >document that uses True Type fonts?
> >
> >Michelle

> Send administrative questions to listadmin@FrameUsers.com.
> Visit the FrameUsers website: http://www.FrameUsers.com

 Joseph Woodard, 2050 Eagle Avenue, #1, Alameda, CA 94501
 Work Phone: 510-649-6001 X230   |   Home Phone: 510-748-9811
 Work Email: joe@otelnet.com     |   Home Email: jwoodard@best.com
 Pager: 510-448-2566   |   Alphapager: 5104482566@alphapage.airtouch.com
 Work Web: http://eagle/~joe | Personal web: http://www.best.com/~jwoodard