Customized Documentation Options

Sounds like the FrameScript file I developed for a client about a year ago.
You open a Frame file, enter customer information, select the documents
required from a list (with a basic group pre-selected but changeable), and
run the script. The script creates a title page with the customer
information on it, imports a series of graphics (engineering drawings) from
several folders, creates a book containing all the selected files, and saves
the book as a single PDF file (a box asks for a file name).

The script works just fine but the project was abandoned due to a problem
the customer created by deciding part way along to create FrameMaker files
of some required documents by importing PDF files generated by scanning
paper originals using a Xerox copier that scans to TIFF and importing the
TIFF files into Acrobat (don't ask, only printed copies existed and they
wouldn't pay to have the documents recreated). The process worked, but file
bloat caused by these strange Frame files produced temporary files in the
order of 4GB while saving the book to PDF, which took a very long time to
process. Last I heard they had switched to assembling individual PDFs into
the final document.

Something like this might work for you.

David Boss

Boss Communications
Technical Writing/Communications/Presentations/Web Development
mailto:david@bosscommunications.com  www.bosscommunications.com
Phone 905-824-1384  Fax 416-946-1330
Mississauga, ON, Canada