Re: OT: Dmitry Sklyarov detention/arrest

Here's a good one for ya...

HP is guilty of violating the DMCA because you can buy an eBook (or some
other copyrighted digital material, for that matter), then print it on
one of their printers... or with software you can copy a CD on one of
their RW drives.  As far as I can tell, that's pretty much equivalent to
what this Russian product does...  You can buy an eBook, then save a
copy as PDF.  Saints preserve us in the face of such pernicious technology!

As far as I know, a person or company isn't liable for providing the
technological means to break a law.  One has to use the technology in an
illegal way before the law is broken.

What cracks me up the most is the way the dinosaurs get skittish
whenever they see a mouse crawling out of a hole.  Back in the world of
actual problems, there's an asteroid heading toward their planet.

Cheers              cud