Re: Cross-refs between text insets

At 03:40 PM 7/11/2001 -0400, edunn@transport.bombardier.com wrote:
>If you must make it work you should:
>1 - create a xref marker in the target text inset (A).
>2 - in the destination text inset (B), insert a crossreference pointing to the
>xref marker in the container document.

Exactly right.

>Why do I say yuck? Well, I would think this would defeat the purpose of
>reusable
>text insets as the second text inset (B) now is locked into using a xref
>pointing to inset A in a specific instance. If you want to reuse inset B
>elsewhere the xref may not be valid and if you change it you will
>invalidate it
>in the current usage.

Not quite.  You just have to have separate condition tags for each book
that will import the text inset, and multiple copies of the
cross-reference, each pointing to the proper container chapter in the
destination book.  Sounds uglier than it is in practice.

martha

--
Martha Jane {Kolman | Davidson}
Dances With Words

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler."
	--Albert Einstein