Cross-refs between text insets

I have a container file with text insets. I want to have a cross-ref from
one text inset to another text inset, where the page number of the cross-ref
updates to the location of the heading in the container file, rather than
the other text inset.

More detail:

I have a Container file with Text Inset A and Text Inset B.  I want a
cross-ref (located in B) to go to A when I produce the PDF.

Text Inset A has a heading "Automatic Startup". At the position this inset
appears in the Container file, the heading "Automatic Startup" is on page
17. The actual position of the heading in inset is on page 2.

This container file also has Text Inset B, which has similar procedures that
are in Text Inset A. It so happens that "Automatic Startup" in Text Inset B
is identical to "Automatic Startup" in Text Inset A. So instead of repeating
the steps I wanted to just add a cross reference to the "Automatic Startup"
in Inset A.

I added the cross-ref by inserting a custom marker into the "Automatic
Startup" heading in Inset A. Then I added the cross-ref in Text Inset B to
that custom marker.  The resulting page number in the cross-ref is 2, the
actual location of that heading in the Inset A.

I was hoping, that when I have these two insets in the Container file, that
the cross-ref page number would update to page 17. But it doesn't. Can FM do
this? Should I use "Automatic Startup" as another text inset itself rather
than having a cross-ref between two insets through the container?

Also, in the text insets, I have cross-refs within the inset. When I produce
the PDF of the Container, these cross-refs do not work. They are not
available for clicking.  Is this something that I can fix or am I stuck with
non-working links?

Please reply directly to me. I'm on digest.

Thanks
Steve Brooks
BISYS