Change Page Strategies?

All,

I am wrestling with change page strategies. Currently, in our industry, it
seems like a good idea to provide low cost updated material. New manual
issues (revisions) should contain all the change page information.

We are currently providing change page packages, but I am looking at
streamlining our production of the change page packages while at the same
time updating the source file for revisions.

I am interested in the following areas of experience:

-using conditional text for change page updates
-using the <$condtag> building block for changing the footer of just the
change pages.
-How the change page material is conveyed to the print house.

Any help is welcome.

Charlie Dowdell
The Raymond Corporation
Manager, Technical Publications