Re: kudos to Thomas Michanek and more font problems

> I cannot find Helvetica or Palatino anywhere on
> my system, but when I create a new FrameMaker document in 6.0 or 5.5 I can
> choose either of them from the list of fonts and use them.

You don't mention your OS or whether you have ATM installed.
I think you can find the reason for these fonts being available on
my web page under the heading "Why are fonts unavailable?":
> On Windows and Mac, fonts are made available from the following sources:
> * PostScript Type 1 fonts supported by the currently selected PostScript printer.
> These fonts are listed in the printer's PPD file, and the print driver also has
> the font metrics for the fonts
> If these fonts are not installed on your system, an approximation
> of the fonts will appear on-screen, at least if you have ATM installed.

So it's probably your currently selected printer instance that gives you
access to these fonts, even though they aren't installed on your system.
You should always make sure that all fonts available through your printers
are also installed on your system.
This is probably why Distiller cannot embed them: they aren't installed.