sorta-OT: schedule-tracking program

Hi crew,

I'm looking for a program I can use to do scheduling for a
smallish doc group (three to six people at two or three sites).

We've got three or four releases in the works, with more on
the way, and I really need something to let me look at timelines
on all of them at once.

* Each release has a different doc set.

* Each doc set includes a user's guide and two release notes
  at a minimum.

* The user's guide is the same for all the releases.

* The two release notes are UNIX and Windows installation info,
  generated from the same file via conditional text, and their
  content changes slightly with each release.

* The rest of the doc set can vary substantially from one
  release to another, but typically includes at least one other
  release note and one target guide.

* All the release notes and target guides all have conditional
  text, since the same base Frame files are used for several
  different variants.

So I need something that can help me track which Frame file is
going to be needed for which project and when.... and something
that can deal with schedule dependencies like code freezes and
hardware deliverable dates that change, thus changing our
release-to-production dates......

Suggestions, anyone???

(please reply on the framers@omsys.com list, since I'm not on
any of the other lists!!)