Re: Element Catalog Not Visible.

On Wed, 10 Jan 2001 10:57:31 -0700, "rkelman" <rkelman@hotmail.com> wrote:

>I'm running FM+SGML 5.5 on Windows 98. I'm the only one who uses this
>computer.
>
>Problem: The element catalog has become invisible. I'm sure it's still
>there, but I can't see it.

This can happen with any dialog that remembers its position.  Here's
what you need to do, starting with Frame *not* running:

1. Open fmsgml.ini, in your Frame directory, in Notepad.  (You may
   want to make a backup copy of it someplace else first, in case
   of disaster.)  For regular FM, edit maker.ini instead.

2. Go down to the section that starts with [DialogLayout].

3. Find the line for the "missing" dialog, in this case ECatalog:

   ECatalog=500, 50, 130, 350

4. Edit the first two numbers, which are likely to be very large
   or else negative.  These are the screen X (horizontal) and Y
   (vertical) positions in pixels.  The numbers 0, 0 are always
   safe, and will place the dialog at the top left corner of the
   screen.  The last two numbers are width and height; leave them
   alone.

5. Save in Notepad and exit.  Make sure you don't accidentally
   break any long lines with returns.

6. When you next start Frame, the dialog should be visible when
   you invoke it.

HTH!

  (jeremy@omsys.com)  http://www.omsys.com/