Re: Converting Frame Docs to Microsoft Word 6.0/7.0RTF

On Thu, 9 Nov 2000 16:25:18 -0800 (PST), bogucki91030@yahoo.com
wrote:

>Frame is temperamental about converting Frame docs
>(6.0) to Microsoft 6.0/7.0
>
>I am trying to do this because we just bought Robohelp
>9 which tells you to convert things to MS Word 6.0/7.0
>before you dump it in. (They didn't mention RTF - but
>this messes up too - I tried it)
>
>Sometimes it works,and sometimes it gets stuck. It
>just freezes.
>
>I tried reinstalling Frame and it still does this.
>
>Anyone else have a similar problem?

Well, yes, anyone else who is trying to use Frame's own RTF
or Word export is in for a rough time.  Those filters were
made by a company long gone (MasterSoft) even before Adobe
bought Frame.  They were bad then, and have not improved
with age.

If you really must use them, start by deleting all the
graphics from your file; those hardly ever convert.  Plan
on spending a lot of time on cleanup of the result, if
you do get one at all; it can take hours (really).

Or, use our RTF export filter, Mif2Go, which is fast and
thorough, and inexpensive ($295 per single seat license).
Lots of Framers do.  Mif2Go produces RTF ready for the
MS help compiler; you don't need Robo at all for WinHelp.
And we also produce the other on-line help formats, MS
HTML Help, generic HTML, JavaHelp, as well as XHTML and
Word RTF.  Some of our customers have reported producing
working WinHelp files just 15 minutes after installation.
Mif2Go is much easier to use than *any* alternatives...
including those that are way more expensive.

For more info on Mif2Go, see our Web site:
  http://www.omsys.com/

  (jeremy@omsys.com)  http://www.omsys.com/