More unavailable fonts strangeness

Folks, if you are not sick of these issues yet, here is another piece in
the puzzle...

--------------
The situation:

Frame 5.5/Win98. Remember missing font names set to ON. A PS printer is
the current printer, ATM is on and no printer driver or font
installation changes have taken place during the steps detailed below.

Got a document which contains unavailable fonts from a writer. (The
document contains table definitions in the catalog but there are NO
tables in the body page text flow.) Imported the text by copy from the
body page flow A into a doc based on my clean (i.e. no unavailable
fonts) template, with Reformat using current document formats and Remove
other overrides set as the import options.

Save, close and reopen my document. The usual "Document contains
unavailable fonts" message appears. Console says Times will be used for
Plantin in this session.

Do a Find for character format: Family=Plantin on body, master and
reference pages. Nothing shows up in any of those places. Fine, I think,
there are plenty of other places a font can hide.

-----------
Question 1:
But since I imported the text into my own document, and the imported
text (from body pages, flow A) contained NO tables, how could there be
any other such places for a font to hide? The text was reformatted with
my template's formats on import, so no unused p or f formats should have
been imported with the text. I suppose there may be some empty text
lines in an anchored frame somewhere. (I have not checked the doc
aframe-by-aframe.) Anyone have any other ideas why the unavailable fonts
message still appears?

When I save the document, close and reopen, I once again get the
message. No real surprise there. But when I save as MIF, close, and open
the MIF, nothing is written to the console, and when I resave the MIF as
fm and reopen, the unavailable fonts message does NOT appear and nothing
is written to the console. And when I open the MIF as text and search
for the string "Plantin" and (variants), none are found.

----------
Question 2:

Saving as MIF when Remember Missing Fonts is on is not supposed to
affect the status of unavailable fonts, is it? And if the unavailable
font WAS in an empty text line, if I understand things correctly, the
font specification (missing or otherwise) of an empty text line should
NOT be changed by opening and then saving to MIF with Remember Missing
Font Names set to ON.

Does anyone have any ideas? Of course, one likely situation is that the
fm document is just slightly off, in a way which is corrected when
saving to MIF. And though in this case I don't need the unavailable
fonts info retained when saving out to MIF and then back to a fm file,
that is not always the case. I would be curious to see if anyone else
has seen this type of behaviour, can tell me where the font info in
question might be hiding, and whether there is any reason to worry that
unavailable font info that IS needed might be lost saving to MIF, even
though Remember missing font names is set to ON.

A postcard from Melbourne.au to the poster of the most satisfying
explanation.

Thanks,

Michael

--