Re: Getting rid of unavailable fonts in FM 5.5.6 on Windows NT

*** The original message appeared on the FrameUsers mailing list.

From: "Susan Dorey" <SusanDorey@Mortgage.com>
> In a file based on that template I copied in some text from a RTF file as a
> series of tables. That introduced the Times font, which I do not want. How
> do I get rid of it easily in 12 tables on 26 pages? The MIF shows that the
> font is lurking in the table paragraph tags, even though FM itself says the
> font in use is Century Schoolbook (my choice); both the Format, Font menu
> choice indicates that CS is the font and the paragraph catalog designer says
> that CS is the default font. I have tried globally changing the paragraph
> tags, but that doesn't get rid of the Times font.
> How can I get rid of Times without editing the MIF?

In my experience, you cannot do it without editing MIF (or perhaps make
an FDK client).
For some reason, each table in FM seems to store the "default" paragraph
tags used when the table was created, even though they aren't needed or
used any longer. This is the most common reason for unavailable fonts
that cannot be found by searching the document using FM's search.

I consider this a bug that I have reported a long time ago to Adobe.
Unfortunately, very few support people at Adobe has the FM knowledge
necessary to understand this problem, so it's quite possible that the
problem isn't known within the FM development team.

Thomas Michanek, [Michagon], Linkoping, Sweden
       FrameMaker/UNIX/MIF/scripting expert
EMAIL: mailto:Thomas.Michanek@telia.com
WWW:   http://go.to/framers , or go directly to:
       http://w1.133.telia.com/~u13304072/framers
       *  U P D A T E D   O N   J U N E   2 6  *