Re: Distiller Printer VM errors on NT

Thomas Whelan wrote:

> %%[ PrinterError: Low Printer VM ]%%
> %%[ Flushing: rest of job (to end-of-file) will be ignored ]%%
> %%[ Warning: PostScript error. No PDF file produced. ] %%

Hi Tom,

Did you try the Win95-solution for the problem? It's at

http://www.adobe.com/supportservice/custsupport/SOLUTIONS/f652.htm

HTH
--
Hans Lonissen, SIG / PALGA, The Netherlands
Tel:  +31 30 2345 184

--- end included message ---

| I am working with a small guide (24 pgs) that has several very large TIFF
| images imported directly into the file (Source file size is 40 megs).  I
| am forced to send the file to UNIX in order to print to PS--my Windows box
| crashes each and every time I ask Distiller to print to file.
|
| I even tried a verboten approach of using a different printer instance (a
| Tektronix 840) to generate the PS file--nothing.
|
| While I prefer UNIX for just about everything, I need to be confident
| generating PS on this box since Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign run on
| it.  Any ideas out there? (I am cross-posting to FrameUsers and Acrobat
| Users)
|
| My operating environment:
| PIII 500 mHz, 512 Mg Ram, NT 4, Sp 5, PS Driver 5.1.2
|
| Thanks
|
| Eric

-- Lester
 Lester C. Smalley               |  email: LSmalley@Infocon.com
 Information Consultants, Inc.   |  phone: (302) 239-2942
 Hockessin, DE  USA 19707-0310   |  fax:   (302) 239-1712