Re: Changing the Appearance of Frame-Generated HTML Links

Robert,

It is hard to determine what is happening without examining your HTML
and CSS files.

However, a couple notes to remember.

1) The beauty and the beast of CSS is that properties are inherited.
For example, the CSS definitions of your "link" paragraph tag may not
say anything about fonts, however, if not, they are inheriting the
definitions from a tag that does define this.  Exactly what that is
takes some sorting out and reading up on CSS and browser behavior.

2) If your FM document "links" are not independent paragraph tags, and
thus have been made either by character tagging or by applying
exceptions to formatting, then your CSS may be getting confused.

3) Cascading Style Sheets are ***NOT*** interpreted in the same manner
by both Netscape and Microsoft browsers -- damn them all.  You may find
that if you check the appearance in both products, one will show the
links perfectly nicely and the other will be horrible.  Also, style
sheet use is extremely sensitive to the version of browser you ar
using.  If you are viewing using an older browser you may get a lot of
bad looking pages.  (Also remember that your "customers" may be using
old browsers too!)

Jay

Robert Corvino wrote:

> Hello, FrameUsers.
>
> I am trying to change the appearance of the Frame-generated links created
> when I ask Frame to break my document at all Heading 1s, for example. The
> first HTML page contains a list of hyperlinks that acts as a table of
> contents; however the links are huge and in the wrong font. I have tried
> editing various parts of the HTML Mapping Table and the CSS, but I cannot
> seem to determine what affects these self-generated links. What say you?
>
> Thanks.
>
> RC

> You are currently subscribed to framers as: jay@jaysmith.com
>
> Send administrative questions to listadmin@FrameUsers.com.