Re: FW: More on Imported Graphics in PDF Files

What Bill describes will work.

However, I would suggest cropping within Acrobat.  Within Acrobat
Exchange 3.x (and I presume the new 4.x Full Version "Acrobat"), there
is a CROP tool.

1) Copy your PDF to a "junk" copy.  You will destroy it.

2) Use the menus at the top: Document... Crop Pages...

   You can crop all pages or one or more pages.

3) Then use the EPS/PS export PLUGIN (for Exchange 3.x, at least, you
have to get this plugin from the Adobe downloads site) to export the
desired item as EPS.

4) If you save your PDF file after you have done a crop, you MAY
"destroy" the usefulness of the file for making other crops in that
file.  My fingers have been trained to save constantly, thus I *always*
work with a backup copy.

NOTE that this technique does not use Photoshop to do the cropping, thus
easier, faster, and less work.  I suspect that opening such an EPS file
in PhotoShop will result in "rasterization" of previously vector objects
-- not a good thing.  You could also try opening such an eps in
Illustrator, however, I have not tested that.

Jay

--
Jay Smith

e-mail: Jay@JaySmith.com