RE: Symbols

>> Are there any commonly-accepted symbols for the following?
>> 1. "Here's some more detailed information, ....
>> 2. "Here's some really technical stuff ....

> I'd say start a convention by what you and your
> developers think best fits these information types
> and stick with it as a standard.

Yes, but *which* symbols would be good for that?
Our readers range from relative neophytes with "basic"
questions to experts with downright esoteric questions.
What types of symbols are used to distinguish beginner/
intermediate/advanced level materials?

Currently, we use the (i) in a circle for informational
notes, a page icon for examples, and a <!> in a triangle
for warnings. The icons are in anchored frames, and we
use AutoText and/or FrameScript to set them up. The
warning paragraphs are also set off by lines above and
below their text.

--Ananda Stevens
ananda@sdsi.com