XML and DTD's

Our company is considering a major conversion project (approximately 40000 pages) to XML. As the project team has little knowledge of structured documents we feel it's imperative to obtain some good introductory XML training as well as some training on defining and building DTD's before we proceed with any further investigation into tools etc.

It is preferable that this training is not vendor specific but if this is the only way we can get this training we would do so.

I'm looking for input on organizations offering this type of training. Please respond to me privately and if the list is interested, I will post a summary.

Thanks!

Karen Koldyk
SQA Tech. Writer
Fleming Companies Inc.