Re: Mousing Hurts!

<snip>
> If I sound annoyed, I am, but NOT at you.  I am annoyed that the folks
> who design the "user interfaces" of programs like Frame are not chained
> to a Frame workstation seat for 30 8-hour days.  They should be FORCED
> to use a mouse (or type escape t m d) to move down one table cell FIVE
> HUNDRED TIMES.  ARGH!
<snip>
> HEY!  Here is an idea -- Rick Quatro, listen up:  Build a FrameScript
> user interface control package (fancy word for set of scripts) which
> will "enhance the QUALITY of the user experience".  I know that I can do
> this and do that all myself (I have FrameScript), but who has the time?

Jay,

With all due respect, if you have time to type escape t m d 500 times, then
you have time to find a solution. There is a simple solution that doesn't
require FrameScript. Modify your menu configuration files. I will spare you
the details here; see the online manual Customizing Frame Products. To try
it temporarily, copy the following to a text file:

<Modify MoveIPToCellAtRight <KeySequence /Right>>
<Modify MoveIPToCellAtLeft <KeySequence /Left>>
<Modify MoveIPToCellAbove <KeySequence /Up>>
<Modify MoveIPToCellBelow <KeySequence /Down>>

Save the text file so you know where to find it. Launch FrameMaker and
choose View > Menus > Modify. Select the text file that contains the above
text. Now, you can navigate from cell to cell using the arrow keys. There is
a tradeoff: the arrow keys will not work for anything else. For this reason,
you may want to use a modifier key with the arrows for table navigation.

Hope this helps.

Rick Quatro
Carmen Publishing
716 659-8267