Re: TablePro for FrameMaker under Unix Solaris 2.6

Sylvain Plante <splante@bank-banque-canada.ca> wrote:

| Does anyone knows if TablePro is still available (see:
| www.frameusers.com under FrameMaker FAQ's # 2.26.3. Are there any
| "spreadsheet" tools for FrameMaker tables?).
|
| The contact info: Sabrina Rouleau at 1 415-493-8550 x 212 and
| sabrina@highland.com is not valid anymore.
|
| We're running FrameMaker 5.5.6 under UNIX Solaris 2.6 and we're
| interested in the capabalities of performing calculations on cells in a
| FrameMaker table.
|
| Any help would much appreciated.
|
| Thanks in advance,
|
| Sylvain Plante
| Bank of Canada / Banque du Canada
| splante@bank-banque-canada.ca

I'm sorry I can't help with TablePro, but I do have an alternative ...

          * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Announcing INFOCON's TableMath tool for FrameMaker and FrameMaker+SGML

TableMath permits the user to select cells and then add or multiply up
to 128 rows (or columns) at a time, and stores the result(s) in a list
(separate from the FM clipboard) that can be pasted back into the table
cells.  If the original selection included a final row/column that was
empty, the result(s) can be automatically pasted into the empty cells.
The list (i.e., results from the previous operation) may be included as
one operand in the next task, thereby allowing more complex operations
to be created than simply processing adjacent cells.

AN EXAMPLE:

The users selects 3 columns by 28 rows in a table, and then from the
TableMath menu chooses the "Add by Columns" function.

The results list will have 28 values, each one being a sum across the
separate rows of the three columns individual contents.
-----
Values may be in scientific notation (e.g., 1.024 E-5); and may include
either periods (.) and commas (,) as used in either European or American
numeric formats; leading plus or minus symbols, positive or negative
values for exponents, and currency indicators are also permitted.

Straddled cells may be included, and can be used once in the operation,
or used once for each row/column straddled.  Optionally, straddled cells
may be flagged as errors.

Text only cells are ignored, and empty cells are treated as the identity
operand (0 for addition; 1 for multiplication) in the calculation.

Multiple paragraphs in a cell are errors.

Users will need to invoke TableMath actions manually - this is NOT a
'dynamic update' feature but rather a utility intended to help automate
a desirable capability lacking from the standard program.

TableMath sells for $195 per copy, and is licensed by the FrameMaker
registration number.  TableMath is available for FrameMaker 5.5.6 and
FrameMaker+SGML v5.5.6 for the Windows, Macintosh, and Solaris (Unix)
hardware platforms.

NOTE:  INFOCON can customize the standard funtions of the program to
suit specific client needs.  For example, a possible change would be to
permit a 'constant' to be input by the user (such as 1.03) which would
then be applied to the chosen operation (multiplication) to update the
results.

An enhanced version (TableMath Pro) is being developed that will permit
"automatic" operations: Users can pre-define tasks (such as in any table
tagged "Price List", multiply columns 2, 3 and 4, then store the results
in column 5).

Multiple automatic operation definitions can be stored in a configuration
table and selected individually as desired.  You just need to let
TableMath know when to recalculate the results.

For further information, or to obtain an evaluation copy, contact
INFOCON via email at SALES@INFOCON.COM  or call 302-239-2942.

Sincerely,

- Lester
  Lester C. Smalley                   | email:  lsmalley@infocon.com
  Information Consultants, Inc.       | Phone:  (302) 239-2942 ext-13
  Hockessin, DE  USA 19707-0310       | FAX:    (302) 239-1712