Re: Unavailable Fonts

My experience of this sugegsts that yuor issue may be to do with having
different sets of fonts on your two systems, as mentioned by Tammy Halter,
but I think another avenue for you to investigate is how the fonts are
named in your Unix files. PC's and Unix's often use different font
suffixes (AFM or PFB, or PFM, etc) and the postscript file names often
seem to be different too.

To get around the problem I have in the past had to go through the styles,
after having set the Preferences to remember font names, and redefine them
with the same font styles on the other platform. Tedious, but I was not
able to find a better way. This of course is one of the problems one faces
when moving from one platform to another.

Alan

On 9 Aug 99, at 17:04, Carl bramblett wrote:

> Hi Framers,
>
> When I move FrameMaker 5.5 files between PC and UNIX, I
> receive this font error:
>
>  "Document named test.fm uses unavailable fonts.
>  To reformat the document using available fonts,
>  click OK."
>
> I attempted to fix the prolbem using the File > Preferences
> "Remember Missing Font Names" item, but that doesn't seem
> to correct the error either.
>
> Do any of you have any suggestions to try?
>
> Many thanks,
> Carl

Alan T Litchfield
ALPHABYTE