Re: Vanishing X-Refs

This kind of buggy behavior, which I noted as far back as V4, is one reason
why I believe the use of a variable for book title is better. You define
that variable in the file that contains the title page, changing it whenever
you change the title. Then, you import only the variables from that file
into all other files of the book. Note also that this allows you to insert
the BookTitle variable anywhere, not just in header/footers.
At 10:56 AM 7/29/99 -0400, Karen Beck wrote:
>Sorry for the multiple questions, I think this is my last big issue in
>making our company's templates...
>
>When I make an X-ref to the paragraph tag "BookTitle" (which exists in
>another file) in my Header and click "update references," it all works
>fine--for about 5 or 10 times (of changing the title and choosing update
>ref).  Then suddenly it loses the X-ref and forgets it was pointed to
>BookTitle.  This happens if I use a marker too-it will suddenly forget
>that the marker is even there.
>
>Is this a known bug?  It is exceptionally odd..
>
>Thanks again very much,
>Karen
>--
>Karen Beck
>Hughes Network Systems
>Germantown, Maryland

>    1999 FrameUsers Conference: http://www.FrameUsers.com/conference/
>     Dr. John Warnock Keynote on Adobe and the Future of FrameMaker

     | Nullius in Verba |
Dan Emory, Dan Emory & Associates
10044 Adams Ave. #208, Huntington Beach, CA 92646