Space above table footnote

OS: Win 95
Rev: Frame 5.5.6

I am working with a newish template.The first footnote set in a table falls
so close to the last cell of the table that the characters and the ruling
almost touch. I have tried adding space below the table from the Table
Designer and adding space above the footnote from the Paragraph Designer...
no joy.

I have documents with table footnots (using other templates) that look just
fine: I have compared settings and can't see anything different.

Clearly I am missing something. Would someone please enlighten me?

TIA....

Dina Davidson
Technical Publications Coordinator/Technical Communicator
Xantrex Technology Inc.
mailto:dinad@xantrex.com