Re: Breaking the graphics link

On Thu, 8 Apr 1999 17:03:34 -0700, "Sharon Burton-Hardin"
<sharonburton@email.msn.com> wrote:

>OK. I have a document that needs to have all the graphics converted from
>imported to copied in. Is there a script out there that someone has that I
>can be told how to use so I don't have to do this nasty task by hand? Or a
>hidden feature I don't know about?
>
>And don't ask why. It seems to be a Book Manager requirement. I don't know
>enough yet to know why this is so, it is just what I am told and we have
>about 2 days to get this ready. of course.

That's very sad.  I hope they realize that they are certain to lose all
the graphics, in some or all of the documents, this way.  Without any
warning, and without any possibility of recovery.  Just so they know.

That said, the process can be made very quick and simple.  For each
graphic, click on the image (not the frame) so that the import object
itself is selected.  Then select File | Import | File.  You'll get a
Import File dialog with the correct graphic name and path already in
it.  Make sure the right-hand radio button is selected, for "Copy into
Document", then click the leftmost bottom button, "Replace".  Done.
Go on to the next graphic.  I suspect this could be automated with
FrameScript... might be your chance to make them buy it!  <bg>

Alternatively, after clicking on the image, you can do the rest from
the keyboard:  Alt, f, i, f, <Tab> 5x, C, <Enter>   or, if the Copy
button is already selected, just:  Alt, f, i, f, <Enter>.  (The Alt
is a keystroke of its own, not a modifier like Ctrl, in this case.)
That should minimize the RSI involved in this unhappy task... ;-)

   (jeremy@omsys.com)     http://www.omsys.com/
** To subscribe to Free Framers, email the message **
** body "subscribe framers" to majordomo@omsys.com **