Re: Deleting "Default Paragraph Font"

On Thu, 8 Apr 1999 12:43:39 -0700 , Betsy Perry <betsyp@roguewave.com> wrote:

>I have a document that was imported from Word using the Frame 5.5.2
>filters.  Unfortunately, nearly every paragraph has the character style
>"Default Paragraph Font" applied.  (Note, NOT the built-in "Default
><parasymbol> Font.")
>
>The old trick of selecting something in Default Paragraph Font style,
>opening the Character Designer, applying As Is to all properties, and
>then doing Global Update doesn't work.  Neither does deleting the
>Default Paragraph Font.
>
>Will no one rid me of this troublesome style?

We had to remove it recently from a document imported using the native
WordPerfect filter.  Ugh.  The method we used was to Select All in
Flow and apply (from the Char Cat) the *real* Default P Font.  That
zapped all other char styles, but that was OK because there weren't
any, just overrides (which were also wiped).  The very last para had
to be done a second time, making sure the para mark at the end was
selected.  Then we had a nice clean doc to apply proper Char styles
to... <g>

Another alternative would be to go through the MIF in a text editor,
replacing
  <FTag `Default Paragraph Font'>
with
  <FTag `'>
On UNIX, you could do this with sed.  That would have the advantage
of leaving the other char tags and overrides alone.  That's what
we'll do next time...

   (jeremy@omsys.com)     http://www.omsys.com/
** To subscribe to Free Framers, email the message **
** body "subscribe framers" to majordomo@omsys.com **