Re: Structuring Tech Pubs

There will never be consensus on the issue of where to put Tech
Pubs. Ultimately, it's best to put it where it will work for
YOUR particular company, market and customer base. I've been a
tech writer for only a few years, but I've been put in
Marketing, Engineering and Fields Service. My first choice is
Field Service. It's technically oriented, customer oriented and
service oriented. To me, that's what being a tech writer is all
about. I did not like being in Marketing because of their
emphasis on appearance in lieu of technical detail, and their
arrogant attitude towards Engineering. Being in Engineering was
OK, but they are so abstracted into their technology they tend
to forget about the customer.

--
Jim Stauffer
Senior Tech Writer