RE: Distiller Warning...

Steve,

>The PDF is okay except that bookmarks were not created for the >first 10
(of 18) chapters and hyperlinks for these chapters from the >ToC do not
work.

>As far as I can tell, the FM document is okay... anyone have a >guess as to
what is going wrong?

Not a guess, but suggestions for diagnosis/solution.
1. Generate/update the Frame book before you create the PS file to distill.
2. Test your Frame files by using the key-click combo to check the
hyperlinks in FrameMaker before you distill. (Hold down two of the control
keys and put the cursor over the link text in the ToC to see whether it
turns into the little "finger" icon. Click the link and see if you end up
where you should.)
3. Double-check your Acrobat Setup settings; if there are any variations in
chapter paragraph tag names, make sure all relevant chapter tags are
included in the list of tags to convert to bookmarks.
4. Open the PDF file from Exchange and select the links tool, then browse
the file for link boxes. Check properties of individual links by
double-clicking.
5. If you don't find any of the problems using above items, your book file
may be corrupted. Try saving to MIF, back into Frame, update and create the
PDF again and see if anything cleans up.
6. If you're on a platform that lets you, allocate more memory to Distiller
before you run the Frame job.

Note: some bug (which I've forgotten details of) in Acrobat can create
unwanted extra links at the bottom of every page in generated file in the
PDF. I seem to remember that this bug also created the warning you report
without mucking up the desired bookmarks and ToC links. I always just
waiting until we were ready to put the PDF on the internal or external Web
site as final, then proofed the file for extra links using item 4 above, and
deleted each unneeded link.

Good luck,

Deborah Snavely