Re: Frame versus Word

Sounds to me like the tail is wagging the dog. If the "outside entity" wants
a "straight conversion", and isn't willing to use the right tools, then find
someone else to do it. It sounds like your "outside entity's" competency is
limited to producing shovelware.

Why not convert them to PDF for online delivery? That would preserve the
format and layout of the document, unlike HTML.
At 04:41 PM 3/23/99 +1000, Sheila Barnes wrote:
>I know this has been covered before.
>I must prove why we should continue to use Frame not Word.
>We produce large study books for students. We use all the advanced features
>such as conditional text, hypertext linking, cross referencing, indexing and
>TOC, and compare documents. All of these features are very user friendly.
>Our study books are now being sent to an outside entity for conversion to
>html for online delivery.
>This is where our problem starts. This outside entity is not prepared to use
>say WebWorks Publisher to convert to html (too many extra steps) - they want
>a straight conversion from Frame to html. We use Frame 5.5.6 but as we all
>know the html conversion is still not good.
>I once saw a paper in this newsgroup giving the advantages of Frame over
>Word and if someone could give me this address, it would be a start.
>
>Sheila Barnes

     | Nullius in Verba |
Dan Emory, Dan Emory & Associates
10044 Adams Ave. #208, Huntington Beach, CA 92646