RE: [More on] PDF distiller problems?

I interpret what you described as meaning that PDF Writer produces good
postscript for the questionalble EPS graphics, whereas the Distiller printer
driver (presumably used in step 2) does not. That seems to defy common
sense, but then common sense, apparently, must be suspended when trying to
produce valid postscript from FrameMaker.
Will Turner wrote:
I think I weighed in on this subject a few days ago, mentioning that I had
problematic .eps files, probably created in Visio. It sounds as though Wim
knows a whole lot more about this than I do, but I'll tell you my
workaround. I had a problem in Frame 5.1 with creating a PDF from a
Postscript file which I had created from a Frame file which contained the
.eps graphics. I did this:
1) Put placeholder images (tifs) in the Frame chapter, in place of the
problematic .eps graphics.
2) Print the chapter to a Postscript file.
3) Distill the Postscript file to PDF.
4) Replace the .tif images in the Frame chapter file with the original .eps
images.
5) Using "PDF Writer", print to files the Frame pages containing the
problematic .eps images.
6) Open the chapter file In Acrobat Exchange.
7) Replace the placeholder pages (containing .tif images) with the "PDF
Writer" pages.
     | Nullius in Verba |
Dan Emory, Dan Emory & Associates
10044 Adams Ave. #208, Huntington Beach, CA 92646