Re: Dash curves

At 04:55 PM 3/8/99 +0100, guy ALLAN wrote:
>I want to plot a dash curve in a Frame document.
>
>In the drawing palette I select polyline and dash.
>
>Then I draw the polyline with several points. If the points are well
spaced, FrameMaker effectively draw a broken curve but if the points are
close, the curve looks continuous. There is no space between the hyphens.

>So you can get continuous parts among dash parts depending on the distance
between the points. This is not at all one generally expect when we want to
plot a broken line!!!
Selecting Dot or Dash from the Dashed Line Options dialog produces the best
results when the distance between points is small. But obviously, if the
distance between points is still too small to produce discrete breaks, you
must use the Line Width Options dialog to reduce the line width until the
continuous parts becomes dots or dashes. This always seems to work in FM
V5.1.1. If it doesn't work in FM V5.5.x, then you've exposed another bug in
V5.5.x.
     | Nullius in Verba |
Dan Emory, Dan Emory & Associates
10044 Adams Ave. #208, Huntington Beach, CA 92646