RE: Database Publishing Suggestions

Rick,

We watch the database publishing market. Here is a partial list of companies
that we are aware of that offer database publishing products, applications,
and services.

Work with FrameMaker

Database Publishing Software (http://www.databasepub.com/index.html)
Datalogics [DL Pager] (http://www.datalogics.com)
Datazone [Miramo] (http://www.datazone.com)
Finite Matters Ltd. [PatternStream] (http://www.fml.com)
Guidance [Catalogger] (http://www.xxlink.nl/guidance)
PublishRight [FM Publisher] (http://www.pubright.com)
Refined Reports [Unimerge]

Work with other Desktop Applications

Corel Database Publisher [Ventura] (http://www.corel.com)
Database Publishing Software [Interleaf]
(http://www.databasepub.com/index.html)
Object Publisher [PageMaker] (http://www.objectpublish.com)
Pindar [Catalog Management System - Quark XPress]
(http://www.pindar.com/usa/)
Reed Technology and Information Services, Inc. [Quark XPress]
(http:www.rtis-c.com/index.htm)
Sinedita

Report Writers

Brio Technology (http://www.brio.com)
Informix
Oracle
Seagate
Sybase

General

Data-matic Systems Company (http://www.data-matic.com)
Grif (http://www.grif.fr)
Miles 33
Uniscan (see Case Studies) (http://www.uniscan.com)
Volt (http://www.volt.com)

Services and Mission Critical Development

A. G. Sedgewick
Business Brothers Software Solutions
Dan Emory & Associates
Flow Systems Corporation (http://www.flowsystems.com/)
KGB Consulting, Inc. (http://www.kgb.com)
Pathways
Prism Database Publishing, Inc. (http://www.prismdb.com/)
SAIC (http://atse.saic.com/fdk.htm)
Howard W. Sams (http://www.a1.com/hwsams/index.html)
VPI

Disclaimer - This list may not include all organizations that advertise
database publishing solutions and may contain some inaccuracies. There was
no intent to leave anyone off the list or report in error.

I'd be interested in learning of other database publishing service and
product providers if anyone is aware of someone I've missed - or of an error
that I have made in the list.

Regarding a discussion of pros and cons, I'll see where one of the current
derivative threads go. :-)

Later,

Ben

*********************************